Friday, January 29, 2010

1st shopping journey

I headed to the store about 6:30 to do some birthday shopping for my soon to be one year old and to get groceries for Dr. Oz 14 day meal plan.  I went to a toy store and they didn't have the blocks that I had my heart set on. Boo!  I headed over to Walmart to shop there.  I parked on the West end  of Walmart not giving it another thought.  I went in and picked out a wagon for his gift.  I had to buy it and take it out the car... it was a good thing I did because there was no way I would have fit my groceries in the cart too.   I started shopping for groceries about 8:00.
 Oh man without going into the horrifically boring detail... I realized that there is a lot of knowledge I lacked about what is healthy and good for your body.  I was reading and comparing items I bought.  For example canned tomatoes.  Do you know some brands put added sugar and some do not.  I didn't.  I have been buying the totally wrong brands.  What I learned. Check the label.  I had no clue what apple butter was. Now I do :) after searching the store I finally found it next to the jam! Last place I would have thought with something called apple butter!   I was there a long time frequently calling my husband to ask him if he knew what certain things were.  Like olive relish.  Never found that one.  I bought more veggies this trip than I have in the last 3 months. :)
I realized it must be getting late when the workers at the store carted out there boxes and started unloading them.  My feet were killing me and I was tired so I stopped where I was. I got most things on my list except for a few veggies like tomatoes and onions and parsley and potato.  I finally checked out at 11:20 PM.  My feet were killing me and I was ready to go home.
I checked out at the East end of the building. Walked my very tired legs and feet all the way to the West to find that every door was blocked by shopping carts and that they only had one Exit open. The East exit.  I walked all the way back the other way just to have to come all the way back again to my car.  My feet were literally killing me. How many calories do you think I burned doing that?  I got in the car and got out on the road only to get part way down the main road and there was a wreck.  I had to U turn and take a detour to get home.  Wow! What an experience.   But I did it!!

No comments: