Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I am a new person today

As some of my friends and family may know and will soon know. I am on a quest to healthier living. I should let you know that by writing this down it is a huge step for me because it is embarrassing to see and start to understand were my health has landed me. This is not an easy thing to change. I have been reading the book 'You on a diet' by Dr. roizen and Oz. I am learning a lot about emotional eating and I feel very guilty of this very thing. I am starting this blog not because I expect anybody to read it but because I think to know that someone possibly could it may make me be more accountable for everyday actions. I want to use this blog for words of affirmation to myself and to track and write down my progress. My success and my failures. It is not my intent to compare myself to anyone but rather to deal with the body and genes I have been giv'n and go forward in a way I hope will bless my life. My goal is not to lose weight but to get my waist to a recommended number for a healthy woman.  The weight is just the bonus :) I liked the thought written in a previous post  'it took 30 years for me to get this way I can't expect to change it in 30 days.' I give myself amble time in life to look back and know this was the start to the beginning of my life long journey.  I will be posting goals, achievements, affirmations, thoughts, feelings.  Well you that know me, know I am mostly an open book.  I am diving into a chapter in my life that is rarely talked about by me to anyone. I think by writing it, even if only Ed reads it and even if he doesn't that I may be able to understand myself better and why and when I do certain things.

No comments: