Thursday, January 28, 2010

Walking for 30 not easy for different reason then you might think

Well, I was suppose to meet my sister-in-law to walk at 3:30 for 30 minutes.  I started getting ready at 3:15. Oh my heck how seriously frustrating to get out the door.  My 3 year old was screaming the whole time. Didn't want to get his snow clothes on. I took him to his room 3 times to have him sit on time out. He would run out screaming and he was so mad. He was being so stubborn.  I thought he would want to go play with his little cousin the same age but it was like pulling teeth to get him out the door.  In the mean time my 1 year old was sitting at my feet with his coat on ready to go but crying like crazy because he hates being in his bulky coat.   25 minutes later we made it out the door.  I pushed the boys in the double stroller down a very slushy driveway and across the street through mud and puddles but I made it to meet Cyndi!  Woowh!  
We started our walk in circles around the parking lot and the 3 year olds were on the play ground playing.  My child fell off the ladder I had to go help him. His gloves (the annoying ones with fingers that are impossible for 3 year olds to get on) fell off and I trucked over in the snow to get them back on.  Then he went down the slide and it was too slippery and he face planted in the snow.  He had enough being in the enclosed gate at the playground and started to work his way through the fence toward me.  His foot got stuck and he lost his boot!!  I trucked back through the snow to help him get his boot back on.  Now what was more of a work out the walk around the parking lot or the workout I got from fighting and helping my 3 year old.  I think the latter! What about you?  

No comments: