Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 2

I feel like Julie on the movie Julie and Julia. Where the girl blogs about  making recipes Julia childs recipes. I guess I am blogging to a space out there not sure if anyone will ever read this.   I have to smile but we'll see if it helps me make changes in my lifestyle.   My son was sick yesterday with the flu and I have not felt good myself. Despite those feelings I did Dr. Oz 20 min workout plan and I am going walking with my sister-in-law today for 30 min or so. I did good to substitute my white bread for wheat which may explain some of the feelings I am having :)   Today I talked to Linda she has been described by others to me as the queen of wheat bread. She was very encouraging in my quest to better health. She dropped me off her recipe for whole wheat bread and then said she would even teach me how to make it. I should take her up on this.
I made an appointment with my Doctor to  discuss health issues with him and I feel that is the step in the right direction.  For lunch today I went in to get the can of select health soup (since we are low on groceries and I don't have many healthy choices around here) .   Of course to my dismay, my sweet loving husband must have taken it to work because he is also trying to support me by changing his ways too. :).  I about  succumbed to the temptation to eat white bread or not eat at all.  Instead I had myself a bowl of very delicious Cream of Wheat with milk and a little cinnamon (no sugar) :) Yeah for me! I had forgotten how good it was.  So far at 3:00 today I am succeeding and doing well.  I am off to go walking. Tah tah for now!

No comments: