Friday, February 12, 2010

2nd week

This week has been a lot harder to stick to the exact recipes. I guess it was because I was bored already with them. We did spaghetti one night with wheat noodles and marina sauce. It was a step to a healthier meal. I loved the rolled up turkey in a wheat tortilla with tomatoes and a little avocado with cinnamon sprinkled over it.  I have not had sugar in two weeks.  I was craving it like crazy yesterday and went to Target and filled that craving with a Banana Strawberry V8 juice which I didn't love as much as the blueberry pomegranate one I had a few days before. Walking through the store was such a temptation to buy something so sweet but I didn't. I fought the urge and instead went with the juice and a little pack of nuts. I weighed in for the first time in 2 weeks and have lost 4 more lbs. Since Martin Luther King day the first time I weighed in  and what started the cause of great concern for me I have lost a total of 9 lbs and 2.5 inches.  I have been super happy with my progress.
 I do want to note that it is not easy to buy pass those sweet craving for desserts and sweets.  Today I was asked to make a cake for a president days dinner that is being held in my community.  I have loved the cake and frosting the several times I have indulged in a few pieces of it at our family parties.  Lately when I have been craving something sweet the thoughts come to my head "Don't tempt your taste buds"  I have done really good but the lack of willpower today took over and I licked the spoon of the Oh! so good chocolate frosting. To my surprise it tasted too sweet and I decided that going any further with eating it was just not worth sabotaging all the hard work I did the past two weeks. I even licked my finger and thought to myself. 'I have got to wash my hands I can not take any more of that disgusting stuff!' I sure hope that it is my mind set and change of taste buds that makes me feel like it doesn't taste that great and not because I screwed it up. If it is the latter there will be a lot of disappointed eaters tonight....but maybe I will be doing them a huge favor...he he he he he!

2 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

HIGH FIVE! I hope that you feel good about your success. And I don't just mean by the numbers. I can tell through what you say that you are changing the way you look at and feel about your self.

I love reading about your journey. I love your openness and your willingness to share your journey.

Roscoe and Daisy said...

Way to go Jill not being tempted by that cake frosting. I think a lot of it is a mind set change. I love you and your doing awesome and look great!