Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time Out

I was able to attend a Time Out for Women conference.  Last night and all day today.  I felt empowered by the things that were spoken there. As speakers were talking I didn't think once about my physical health but more my spiritual health. I realized in evaluation of myself today that it also needs some serious attention and has felt neglected as has my physical health.  I really felt inspired by a speaker that talked about Embracing Change! She said we should look forward to that change because the energy that comes from it is good and helps us give others hope.  I really feel that I need to embrace the changes my body has made over the last couple years with PCOS and thyroid and even though it is a challenge I need to be proactive and excited to make the change.  I have felt very successful so far.  I have lost 1.5 inches around my waist.
 I was happy that I had been thinking ahead about lunch and threw in a whole wheat tortilla. I had an awesome wrap at Wendys with their Mandarin Chicken Salad.  I didn't feel a bit bad to pass up the so often ordered grilled chicken sandwich with added cheese, a frosty, and fries.  I felt full and satisfied. I felt good that I had stuck to my guns in a time that would have been easy to cave.
So what life lessons did I learn to day...to many to count so maybe I'll write a book and then one day I can share it :)

1 comment:

Roscoe and Daisy said...

I'll have to go with you one of these days to the time out for Women- good job on passing up the crap stuff at Wendys. Your doing great- keep it up!