Thursday, February 4, 2010

Doctors Appt. w/Buttermints and Cookies

I went to the OB today.  I have to admit that I was embarrassed to say out loud to him that the reason I was there was to get overall health advice because I felt like I was out of control.  As those of you that know me can guess, I was emotional talking about it. Although I did feel a relief to have a MVP on my team who could coach me through some things from his knowledge.  Without going into the dirty detail of my personal health history, he acknowledge that the plan I am following is good and then gave me other resources to turn to.  He gave me encouragement and support to make some permanent changes.  He was not pushy to force me or make me think I needed to do a certain thing rather he gave his advice and then told me that I would be able to do it.  He left decisions up to me of what I am going to do but is supportive in any of them.  It was good!
I also attended a Relief Society meeting that taught us how to make butter mints. Oh man, my mouth just melts thinking about them.  I really was truly interested in how they are made and of course with a bunch of sugar and a bunch of butter.  I was offered a couple times to take one.. But I resisted.  Can I hear a shout out for Jill!  GO JILL!!  I passed up one of my favorite things.  I was thinking ' I have went one whole week eating very healthy and exercising.  Since I have 5,000-10,000 taste buds that change every 3-5 days.  Why tempt my taste buds! Now will I never have another butter mint in my life? Of course not.  One day I plan to try to make them.  I just couldn't see that a butter mint would taste that good for all the hard-work I have done. Surprisingly, I didn't feel that bad to pass it up. Rather empowered! I know one day I will be in the presents of a buttermint and be able to taste one. And than stop at that one! For now, I am trying to establish habits and patterns that will effect my future forever.
My pampered chef cookie scoop came today. Funny how I have been wanting one for so long and I was going to make cookies as soon as I got them. However, i do love cookies perhaps more than buttermints and i don't think there is anyway I could avoid that temptation right now. I'm sure I can find some good use for it.

No comments: